Sunday, March 7, 2010

Well it's about time...

I've been thinking about writing a blog for quite awhile. I have lots of thoughts constantly floating through my mind, but I never can seem to get them put together long enough to jot them down. Today, I had one of those days when you know what's wrong... or how you feel.

Today, I just want to see Jesus. I want to be in heaven with Him.

I have always felt a little down on life, in every stage I always feel like there is something more, that this isn't it. I know it isn't... my soul tells me so. It doesn't just tell me... IT SCREAMS. I have a wonderfully blessed life. A wonderful family, great friends and more opportunities than I could ask for. I dreamed of attending Texas A&M since I was 6, and I do. I prayed for friends who could challenge me and share my heart, and I do.

My struggle is more that I still see heaven... I still see more.

The Lord is refining me to see this place as an opportunity to be apart of something that is not finished. Heaven is there, it is forever. Sometimes, I need more of a temporary perspective rather than an eternal one... and yet they are synonymous.

1 comment:

Dalene said...

You're right; when we search for heaven on earth, we will never find it.

But remember the wise words of Gandalf, "All those who wander are not lost."

You're not lost. Just left to wonder and wander.

About Me

My photo
Hi friend! I'm Lauren, a Senior at Texas A&M University finishing my degree in Communications and English. I hope you enjoy this random "mish-mash" I call my blog.