Tuesday, June 16, 2009

144

In three weeks I get the privelege of serving God in a very unique way. Camp. I am determined to not be apart of the clique statement of being "a Christian camp counselor." At A&M and other places too, everyone is expected to work at camp and do that "Christian college kid camp thing." I refuse. I don't think that camp is to be joked about in that fashion. I am given the lives of 8 little girls for 6 days. 144 hours.

I have been calculating how many hours that I have in order to give myself perspective. In our lives 144 hours is a blink. I have a "blink" to show these girls how much their Father in Heaven loves them. Challenging? I think YES!

It is such a blessing to be given the trust that Pine Cove is blessing me with. I feel honored to get to serve 6-11 year olds. I must admit, that Satan was really try to tell me that I just wasn't good enough to work with older kids, WHAT A STUPID LIE. Anywhere the Lord puts you is not "below" you and not a place where He cannot work. You can pray that the devil stays away and stops telling me things to get me away from my goal. Which is the fact that I have 144 hours.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi friend! I'm Lauren, a Senior at Texas A&M University finishing my degree in Communications and English. I hope you enjoy this random "mish-mash" I call my blog.