Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Call it Selfish, but it's My Time

My whole life I have struggled with time management and sometimes I see the light on my struggle.

Being home this summer has been really good and I am really learning how important time is. Like my post below this, I indicated that at camp I have 144 hours to be intentional with sweet little lives. The same applies to being at home. I don't get a lot of time here in Bartlesville very often, so now that I have it, I treasure it.

I treasure it so much that I am having a hard time giving it away, and honestly, I am OKAY with that. So, I apolgize if I don't go to a party or stop by a social gathering, it's nothing personal. I get 2 more weeks with my precious family and that's about where my time is going. I have a little brother who is growing up so fast and its hard to keep up with him, but I know that making an effort to try and keep up with him is well worth it.

I want to stay as connected to the people that will always be here for me and always love me. My family is my priority and I have 2 weeks to get to know them a little better than I already do.

2 Weeks. Go.

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

I learned that lesson well through college as well. Your family is the only group of people who will ALWAYS be there for you. No matter how much you think that your friends will stick around, it just usually doesn't happen. Through my college years, my sister and my parents were my best friends. I felt really goofy, but it was cool.

denise said...

I am so happy that chose to spend precious time with us these past weeks. We really like you a lot!! We will always be there for you and I count you as my best friend. How fortunate I am to have a daughter and friend like you. I will miss you when leave again, but I am so excited for the path that you have chosen.

About Me

My photo
Hi friend! I'm Lauren, a Senior at Texas A&M University finishing my degree in Communications and English. I hope you enjoy this random "mish-mash" I call my blog.